We are often asked questions about accreditation and the benefits of accreditation management software. As a result, we have compiled answers to some of the questions we receive most frequently. We hope this provides some useful context for you and we encourage you to reach out to us if you have any additional questions.
Accreditation is the process of assessing and certifying the quality and credibility of various industries and sectors, against specific defined standards and guidelines.
Accreditation Management Software (AMS) is used by accreditation and certification bodies to automate and streamline data collection activities and accreditation workflows. This type of software systematically collates and organizes data and evidence required for accreditation in a cloud-based environment and uses workflow tools to delegate tasks and track progress. Learn More
ARMATURE Fabric is one of the leading cloud-based accreditation and certification management software products, known for its extensive feature set and configurability.
Accreditation bodies are independent organizations responsible for assessing and accrediting entities within a particular industry or sector. They establish rigorous standards and criteria that organizations must meet to demonstrate competence and compliance. These bodies help to guarantee quality and credibility, ensuring businesses, educational institutions, healthcare providers, and other entities adhere to the highest standards.
Typically, there are three types of accreditation: Institutional, Programmatic, and Specialized.
Implementing accreditation management software brings numerous benefits to accreditation bodies. Some of the key advantages include:
- Time and Cost Savings. Automation and streamlining processes results in significant time and cost savings, allowing accreditation bodies to allocate resources more efficiently.
- Enhanced Data Management. Accreditation management software provides robust data management capabilities, enabling accreditation bodies to gather, analyze, and utilize data effectively for decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Improved Accuracy and Consistency. Accreditation software minimizes the risk of errors and inconsistencies in the accreditation process, ensuring high accuracy and standardization.
- Increased Stakeholder Engagement. Accreditation management software facilitates effective communication and collaboration among all stakeholders, fostering stronger relationships and engagement.
- Scalability and Adaptability. The scalable software allows accreditation bodies to accommodate increasing accreditation demands and adapt to evolving industry requirements.
Continuous Quality Improvement emphasizes the ongoing evaluation and improvement of a process to consistently achieve better results.
Accreditation management software offers many features and functionalities that empower accreditation bodies, including:
- Accreditation Workflow Automation
This type of software automates various tasks, such as application and self-study completion and processing, document review, assessment scheduling, reviews and site visit data collection and reporting, and decision-making,, minimizing manual intervention and accelerating the overall process.
- Document Management and Control
Accreditation management software often ensures proper document control, versioning, and access rights management, reducing the risk of outdated or unauthorized documentation
- Compliance Monitoring and Reporting
The software enables regular compliance monitoring, issue management, and comprehensive reporting capabilities, allowing accreditation bodies and their clients to stay on top of regulatory requirements.
- Self Service Portals
Leveraging self-service features within accreditation management software enables different user groups such as institutions, programs, organizations, site visitors, reviewers, and accreditation staff to access personalized views and take action on tasks they are assigned to quickly and effectively.
- Analytics and Dashboards
The software offers robust analytics and configurable dashboards that provide accreditation bodies with valuable insights into their operations, performance, and areas for improvement.
There are multiple types of accreditation management software on the market, each with varying levels of features and functionality. The price can vary considerably based on these factors. You should review different software offerings to determine what will deliver the best value for your organization.
The primary requirements in the accreditation process often involve the following 6 processes:
- Initial Review and compliance scoring/rating of answers/evidence submitted based on the required standards.
- Site Visit (validation review).
- Committee Review (often an independent review committee that reviews findings and makes a final accreditation decision .
- Continuous monitoring to ensure accredited entities remain up-to-date with standards.